If you are scrounging the web for information on Micro or Macro Influencers, chances are that you are already aware of Brand Influencers and Influencer Marketing. Over the past few years, Influencer Marketing has evolved as the preferred digital promotion strategy for big and small players alike. If your company is mooting the viability of making the big leap in to Influencer Marketing, you probably need to decide whether to go with Micro or Macro Influencers or a mix of both.
Who are Micro Influencers?
In the simplest of terms, any brand influencer who is not a celebrity is a Micro Influencer. They usually have around 5000-10,000 followers, but boasts of a superior engagement rate.
So, what are the advantages of using Micro Influencers?
- They are authentic- They are focused and they mean business. They place special emphasis on building trust with their followers and this is often reciprocated.
- Higher engagement- Even though they have a relatively smaller tribe, the engagement is considerably higher and hence it makes them an ideal choice to promote a brand.
- Cost-effective- Cheaper is a relative term. While micro influencers are definitely cheaper than macro influencers, it is difficult to put a price tag on the exact budget due to the variables involved.
Who are Macro Influencers?
These are the big shots of the online world. Celebrities and household names who have a massive follower base, sometimes running into the millions.
What are the advantages of using Macro Influencers?
- Higher reach- Roping in a macro influencer means you can showcase your business before millions in one go. Going by the incredible reach alone, macro influencers can be a turning point for many businesses.
- Brand building- Having a super celebrity endorse your brand is a sure shot way to leave an indelible digital footprint.
So, how do you identify the right Influencer for your brand?
It all comes down to the product/business you are trying to promote and your digital marketing budget. There are data driven researches that put micro influencers ahead in the race and there quite a few others where they lag behind macro influencers.
If you are okay with capped visibility and a smaller, but effective reach, micro influencers is the way to go. On the other hand, if you can afford to dig deep into your pockets and want to go all out with engaging customers, macro influences can be an ideal fit.